The African Farm Management Association (AFMA) invites interested Farm Management and Agribusiness Professionals, Scientists, Industry Practitioners and Policy Makers to submit papers for the forthcoming Congress planned for the 19 – 23 November 2023, at the Premier Hotel East London ICC South Africa.
The 13th AFMA Conference follows a successful 12th Conference held at the PANARI Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya on 21 -25 November 2021.
The Forum will provide a platform for Farm and Agribusiness Specialists and Other Stakeholders in the public and private sectors to exchange knowledge and experiences with a view to promoting Climate Smart Agribusiness Development in Africa.
The objectives of AFMA are to:
1. Advance the knowledge and understanding of farm business management and to exchange ideas and information about farm management theory and practice throughout the continent of Africa and the world.
2. Improve cooperation among stakeholders in Farm management with an interest in African issues at the regional and international levels.
3. Promote capacity building, research, policy dialogue and interest of Farm Management in Africa.
4. Contribute to the wider objective of agricultural productivity in an effort to reduce poverty, enhance food security and sustainable use of farm resources in Africa.
5. Cross-cutting issues in farm management, agricultural extension,
The Congress fee will cover a package of congress materials (bag, pen drive of proceedings, name badges, note books and pens), mid-congress tour, refreshments tea/coffee/water), gala dinner and lunches.
Early bird registration will close by 19th September 2023 and late registration by the 15th October, 2023. Details on fees and methods of payment will be posted on the conference website at the appropriate time.
The Association welcomes professionals and practitioners with an interest in farm and agribusiness management from government, academia, non-governmental organizations, students and industry to register as members. The member’s fee is US $100 for professionals and $30 for students valid for two years. Membership fees can also be paid along with the conference registration fee.
Timeframe and Deadlines
➢ First announcement and call for full papers 31st December 2022
➢ Second and final call for full papers 31st March 2023
➢ *Deadline for full paper submission 16th May 2023 – Extended Deadline 20th June 2023
➢ *Deadline for poster paper submission (abstract) 16th May 2023 – Extended Deadline 20th June 2023
➢ *Notification of acceptance and invitations 30th July 2023 – Extended Deadline 20th August 2023
➢ Early bird registration 19th September 2023
➢ Late registration 15th October 2023
➢ AFMA Congress: 19-23 November, 2023
Presenters of both peer-reviewed and applied papers will be allocated about 15 minutes to make their presentations. All presentations will be made using PowerPoint. Further guidelines will be posted on the Association website www.afma-k.org and the Conference website at an appropriate time.
An area will be provided for the display of posters, and the poster size should be A1.