The African Farm Management Association (AFMA) invites interested farm management and agribusiness professionals and practitioners to submit papers for the forthcoming Congress planned for the 21st-25th November 2021, Panari Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya.
The 12th AFMA Conference follows a successful 11th Conference held at NAF Conference Centre, Abuja, Nigeria from the 4th-9th November 2018.
The Forum will provide an avenue for farm and agribusiness specialists and other stakeholders in the public and private sectors for exchanging knowledge and experiences in an effort to reposition African agriculture in the global environment.
The objectives of AFMA are to:
- Advance the knowledge and understanding of farm business management and to exchange ideas and information about farm management theory and practice throughout the continent of Africa and the world.
- Improve cooperation among stakeholders in Farm management with an interest in African issues at the regional and international levels.
- Promote capacity building, research, policy dialogue and interest of Farm Management in Africa.
- Contribute to the wider objective of agricultural productivity in an effort to reduce poverty, enhance food security and sustainable use of farm resources in Africa.
The Local Organizing committee is inviting papers on the following sub-themes but not limited to;
- Risk Management and Climate Smart Agriculture
- Patents and Intellectual Property Rights
- Emerging Trends in African Agricultural Financing
- Emerging Technologies and sustainable agriculture
- Linking Products to markets
- Intra and Inter-regional trade linkages
- Young Generation, gender and sustainable development
- Farm Management and Agricultural Extension
- Roles of Public Private Partnership in Farming Systems
- Building smallholder farmers’ resilience under COVID-19 pandemic